Wednesday 1 March 2017

Dad

I opened my eyes,
Feeling thankful for another day to live. 
Though surrounded by your lies,
I still managed to breathe. 

I don't just forgive and forget,
It will take some time to do.
But I don't want to live with regret,
Feeling all this hate towards you. 

You were one that I looked up to,
The one I respected.
But all you think about now is you,
You take all else for granted.

I only asked for your commitment,
For your children and your wife.
To say that I'm sad is an understatement,
I thought we were your life.

I used to tell myself that,
I wanna find a man like you. 
But with all that I found out, dad,
Oh well, screw you. 

You've hurt us all so bad, 
You have no idea, do you?
I can tell you that I'm so mad,
But what else can I do?

I appreciate all you've done for us in the past,
I will remember the good memories.
It just sucks that your marriage won't last,
And there will be no more stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment